Environmental and Community Coordinator
To improve the shopping centre’s engagement in the community and the environmental performance of the asset in support of Hammerson’s corporate responsibility objectives and the business plan. A key component of the role is to enhance the brand and overall profitability of the company by achieving sustainability performance targets and other business plan objectives.
· Ensure effective and consistent monitoring and coordination of all on site sustainability activity including measurement and timely reporting of data, to both on site management and Hammerson sustainability team.
· Support local delivery of Hammerson corporate responsibility initiatives. Under the direction of the Hammerson Energy & Environmental Manager manage the Environmental Management System (EMS) to ensure certification is maintained.
· Ensure statutory compliance with existing and new Environmental Legislation.
· Monitor usage, develop strategies and identify, investigate and implement opportunities for:
- Increased recycling/reuse of waste
- Reduction of energy consumption
- Reduction of water consumption
- Improving biodiversity
- Sustainable travel plans
· Liaise with retailers to identify areas of improvement in the environmental management of their unit and where appropriate assist in the delivery of their Green Lease commitments.
· Work with on-site Operations, Business Support, Marketing, Tenant Liaison, Commercialisation and Technical Services Management teams to ensure environmental initiatives are implemented and performance monitored.
· Research socio-econonmic issues and develop projects/partnerships to have a positive impact on these isssues
· Co-ordinate sustainability initiatives delivering against self-funding targets or allocated budgets.
· Co-ordinate and report on all on-site Community activity.
· Support with the delivery of company-wide initiatives and partnerships
· Liaise with the wider Hammerson portfolio, retailers, customers, suppliers, local council and community networks and any other external stakeholders to develop sustainability and community engagement initiatives and promote awareness.
· Monitor performance against sustainability objectives and targets and regularly communicate progress to stakeholders.
· Liaise with the Marketing Manager to ensure that all opportunities for positive PR in relation to sustainability are taken.
· To attend any training and development courses as necessary.
· To adhere to all company policies and procedures.
· To undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
· Represent the business at local stakeholders meetings
· Have a strong appreciation of and interest in sustainability issues
· Ability to apply practical yet innovative/creative thinking to help develop projects
· Excellent oral/written presentation skills
· Confident with speaking at public events
· Excellent communication and influencing skills
· Ability to work unsupervised and manage own workload
· Excellent organization and time management skills, with proven experience of balancing a challenging workload
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy when dealing with large volumes of data
· Ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders
· Proven experience in relationship development
· Ability to work flexibly including evenings and weekends as required
· Qualification in environmental management
· Have knowledge of environmental management systems and the requirements of IS014001Experience of managing waste systems
· Experience of auditing management systems
· Membership of IEMA
· Experience of working with community groups
· Knowledge or experience of using reporting systems
How To Apply
Email your CV to: