We are looking for a Store Manager to run our Brent Cross Store.
The Store Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day organisation and smooth running of their store. Store Managers contribute to the successful financial growth of the company by ensuring customer service and visual standards exceed all expectations. As an experienced motivator, you will oversee the development of all team members, ensuring exceptional results whilst maintaining procedural excellence.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for everything storewide, this an extremely rewarding factor of this role. As store management you are responsible for all of the stores front and back of house operations. This includes all admin duties e.g.: delivery management, cash handling, administration and banking procedure. You will uphold the Skinnydip ethos and strive to meet our customer’s exceptional standards. Every Skinnydip store is unique and as Store Manager you will have opportunities to be creative and innovative in how you promote your store through regular communication with head office.
Hours: 40 hours per week
- Communicating all company directives and training to further employees in a clear and comprehensive manner.
- Maintain company standards at all times whilst acting as a strong role model to all staff.
- Make weekly direct communication with Head Office in regard to banking and independently analyses financial information to identify and address fashion trends and any issues in store performance.
- Manage stock processes, stock takes and conduct monthly checks, communicating any issues to Head Office.
- Conduct regular Visual Merchandising updates in line with company directives.
- Enforce full compliance of Security and Health & Safety policies storewide.
- Manage all areas of staff development and performance such as: Reviews, Appraisals, Training and Disciplinary Actions if required.
- Work closely with Head Office to manage recruitment processes for sales and supervisory staff and to ensure the seamless integration of new employees.
- Organising staff rotas on a monthly basis (staff must always be able to see a month of rotas in advance)
- Arranging necessary cover for all absences (e.g.: Sickness, Holiday, Medical appointments), monitoring all attendance matters and returning all supporting documentation.
What we need from you?
- Experience managing a fast-paced fashion environment.
- Commercially focused and can demonstrate entrepreneurial skill in driving sales.
- Able to inspire, motivate and lead all team members to create a positive work environment.
- Committed to delivering outstanding customer experiences and upholding Skinnydip brand values, whilst acting as a strong role model to all staff.
- Passionate about maintaining high standards across merchandising, stock retention, staff development and customer service.
- You must a strong communicator, a self-starter and constantly receptive to change.
- Capable of making fast paced decisions and an aptitude for problem solving.
- Passionate about everything Skinnydip.